Pool Filler PVC supply pipe broken in side concrete wall.

Rfrye1

Jan 28, 2023
Phoenix AZ
What’s the best way to replace a broken PVC intake pipe to the auto pool filler that has broken at the concrete wall of the filler. Should I drain the pool to allow that area to dry and then replace the female side of the pool filler pvc pipe46BAE9D1-2CB9-4C9B-B52D-BBBA30C0D460.jpeg it take and use some type of waterproof epoxy to seal?

I think that you would need to chisel or cut around the pipe to expose it by a few inches to gain better access. Once you have adequate access to the pipe, you can clean the remaining end and attached a coupling and new pipe run to it. Then repack the area around the pipe, perhaps with some hydraulic cement. Let's see what others have to say.

Can you post another pic, but zoom out a little more so we can see more of a larger view of everything?

You might be able to use an inside slip fitting to save you some work. The fitting is designed to slip INTO the PVC pipe like this...

1675013733254.png

You may be able to find the fitting at ACE under the brand name of "Magic Mend." Also available online...

21A77F39-B614-44D1-B057-366ABAB2468A.png

You might be able to use an inside slip fitting to save you some work. The fitting is designed to slip INTO the PVC pipe like this...

View attachment 471071

You may be able to find the fitting at ACE under the brand name of "Magic Mend." Also available online...

Great idea. Thank you. I need to measure. I’m assuming 3/4” OD.

I would just core drill through the concrete and install a new line.

The core drill inside diameter should be larger than pipe outside diameter.

I would use schedule 80 PVC for better strength.

Can you show a current picture?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.