Pool filler pulsating water noise when the pump is running.

Sn00py

Bronze Supporter
Dec 6, 2022
Citrus Heights, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Recently I've noticed that my pool filler will pulsate when the pool pump is running. If I turn off the pump pulsating noise will stop.

I've shared the video, you dont need to sign or anything to see it.

Where is the water level in relation to the skimmer mouth (e.g. half way)?

Do you have a waterfall or spa that is engaged when this occurs?

Is this a new autofill?

The water level may be dropping slightly when the pump turns on forcing the fill to run.

As for the oscillation, that could be because the autofill is new and the valve stopper is quite elastic allowing the float to bounce.

If the water level is above 1/2 the skimmer mouth, then you could try adjusting the autofill float to one stop down (i.e. slightly lower level).

Where is the water level in relation to the skimmer mouth (e.g. half way)?

Do you have a waterfall or spa that is engaged when this occurs?

Is this a new autofill?

The water level may be dropping slightly when the pump turns on forcing the fill to run.

As for the oscillation, that could be because the autofill is new and the valve stopper is quite elastic allowing the float to bounce.

If the water level is above 1/2 the skimmer mouth, then you could try adjusting the autofill float to one stop down (i.e. slightly lower level).

- the water level is about the halfway, not higher..but will check later today
- no waterfall or spa engaged
- was already installed when we moved in (3y ago, might be installed around 2017)

Is there a 'better' valve stopper on the market that I can use?

That is the same one I use and it seems to work ok for me. You might check the seal on the end of the float to see if it is worn at all. But you might want to turn off the water first.

Reactions: Sn00py
Recently I've noticed that my pool filler will pulsate when the pool pump is running. If I turn off the pump pulsating noise will stop.

I've shared the video, you dont need to sign or anything to see it.
Do you have an attached spa? Is it raised above pool level?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.