Pool eXact Photometer feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
The $100 "toy" was awarded a NSF®-50 L1 certification.

May I ask which kit(s) are you using?
What are their certs?
I doubt there is anyone else on this forum that has even heard of the product you are promoting.

I'd be very interested to hear about the experience, especially when compared to the drop test.
While I cannot speak for the quality of this product, there are a few things that jump out to me.

For starters is the price, for the price of $200 you get enough strips to preform 6 tests, and no CYA reagent. 🤦🏼‍♂️ To purchase a total refill to preform 100 tests will set you back roughly another $100. So for $300 you get the ability to preform fewer tests as the K-2000C which runs about $100……and is also NSF certified. You’re also gonna gonna use a fair amount of strips if your chlorine level is above 6ppm as anything over 6 calls for 2 strips to be used.

Second is the fact that this product was only certified up to 12ppm. If this follows other photometers we’ve seen the accuracy drops quickly past 12ppm. As compared to the K-2000C which was certified at 20ppm, and to be honest we’ve seen it test accurately with Chlorine Standard of 50ppm. This means this meter isn’t able to be used for a SLAM or if your chlorine levels are slightly increased, another large negative for its price point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.