Pool Equipment Sitting Unused

mummer43

Jul 31, 2016
Lehigh Valley, PA
My pool has been under construction all summer and we are still nowhere near completion. Early in the summer, the equipment was set on the pad and the plumbing was completed. The equipment was never turned on and I am wondering when the warranty will begin. We may not get the pool completed prior to the winter which would mean the equipment will be sitting for nearly a year before it's turned on. I feel like the day the equipment is put into service is when the warranty period should begin. Has anyone had a similar situation occur?

Last edited:
Even though we know manufactures have a specific warranty period, it typically begins when installed. That's because you can buy a pump today that has a motor serial number with a manufactured date one year earlier. Just depends on when it was sourced and finally sold. Hayward should still honor the warranty. In addition, your builder should have a warranty package that comes with the pool once operational. That is something you should confirm and make sure it's in the contract.

Not sure if Hayward is different than Pentair. Our equipment was placed in July and the pool was officially turned over to us until May the following year, Pentair's warranty states the date stated is May when the builder submitted all the info.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.