Pool equipment needs TLC. Newbie pool owner

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello all.
Posted a comment in SWCG section. This is my second post.
We're buying a house with an IGP.
It's 17K gallons, kidney shaped, outside, uncovered (no screening) with some trees around it. Located in Lakeland Florida.

Problems identified.
Has 4 brass valves one of the handles busted. (seems like an easy fix). Are the brass better/worse than the plastic ball valves?

Timer case rusted out, but timer works. Seems like I can get a replacement case inexpensively. Considering additional dogs want to do 2 - 4 hour timer blocks for the pump. (thinking of adding a SWCG)

Heat Pump inop. Has power. Thinking of eliminating. Pro/cons?

Pump sucks in air. Going to replace pump filter lid seal. Then go from there.

Has an inop pool cleaner pump. Considering a robot.

These are the problems reported in the inspection report. I think I've addressed them. Looking at getting your opinion.

Thanks.

Brass is sensitive to the water balance, ie can easily be damaged by low PH. Plastic is a much better long term solution. That said, some of the cheaper plastic ball valves are not very good.

Replacing the timer case is fairly easy, just make sure you take careful notes on what is wired to what before you start. Additional dogs/trippers are readily available.

If the heat pump can be easily fixed it is nice to have around. To say that another way, it all depends on how broken it is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.