Pool equipment and breaker box inside shed which is being dismantled...

Jun 18, 2018
Peabody/MA
I have an inground pool, the pool equipment is inside the shed with a breaker box and light switch. There was an overhead light in the shed and some outdoor lighting. The shed is falling to pieces and is going to be demoed. Can the pool equipment and breaker box be used for outdoors? I will no longer need the lights. Would a general electrician usually know this stuff, or do I need a pool installer? What if we build a cover over the equipment?

Your pool equipment should be perfectly fine outdoors, and most electricians should be able to handle any re-wiring that is required. I would recommend some sort of cover to protect the equipment from being in the sun at all times, but this likely is not as much of an issue in MA.

Hey Lad !!! Most people up north leave their equipment out buried in the snow drifts all winter. I moved mine into the garage because it was very expensive and I’m not *that* old yet. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.