Pool deck paint

ja123

May 21, 2018
NJ
Hello!!

I am a total novice and need some help. I have some concrete damage around my pool deck and am looking to patch the damage and possibly paint the concrete with some kind of kool deck or concrete paint made for a pool area. Can someone tell me if this is easy to do? Do you just roll the paint on and let it dry? Any other steps involved besides cleaning the area first

I've had pretty darned good results with the Behr Premium solid color concrete stain available at home depot.

It's what the previous owners had used. Every 3 or so years a few spots need a touch up, but over all it works pretty well.

Last edited:
Reactions: pooldv
I've had pretty darned good results with the Behr Premium solid color concrete stain available at home depot.

It's what the previous owners had used. Every 3 or so years a few spots need a touch up, but over all it works pretty well.

That's actually what I was planning on using, glad to hear you've had a good experience. My concern is I have a dog and constantly getting dog prints to clean off it. What color did you use?

There was a half gallon left over when I bought the place. It was a very light gray color which contrasts well with the liner.
(the profile photo I have on the left shows the gray painted concrete deck)

I didn't even acid wash it. Just washed it thoroughly with a pressure washer, let it dry completely then painted over existing.

They also make a version that is white and can be dyed to any color to match.

Reactions: ja123 and pooldv

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.