Pool Debris

Jun 4, 2018
Sumas/wa
Hi,

Im opening my pool for the summer...

I had dried leaves, and debris stuck to the walls and bottom of the pool. So liner looked dirty. I scrubbed and scrubbed got probably 90% of it off.

I then filled the pool. The remaining debris is now saturated and sitting in brownish clumps at the bottom of the pool. I tried back washing it out. Again got a lot of it out, but some stuff remains. It looks like white flakes circulating in the water or dust in the water. S water doesn't look clean like it should.

The problem is, its so fine, that when i suck through the sand filter it just comes back into the pool when i vacuum. I tried putting a fine screen on the vacuum. It sort of works, but gets plugged up real fast with this dust that almost feels like jelly.

I've also tried that pool clumping product. I don't think it works because problem still exists.

Suggestions/thoughts on what else I can do?

Are there other products I can add to dissolve these particles?

Is there a better vacuum out there that doesn't attach to my sand filter that will be able to pick up this fine stuff?

Hey there... when you used the floc, did you allow it to go through your sand filter? If so, check your sand. Floc will gum it up big time.

Do you have a good test kit? That’s step one to getting your pool cleaned up. I recommend the TF-100, available at tftestkits.net.

- - - Updated - - -

Also recommend Pool School, at the top of the page. Start with ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

Hey there... when you used the floc, did you allow it to go through your sand filter? If so, check your sand. Floc will gum it up big time.

Do you have a good test kit? That’s step one to getting your pool cleaned up. I recommend the TF-100, available at tftestkits.net.

- - - Updated - - -

Also recommend Pool School, at the top of the page. Start with ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

Hi Kelly,

No I didnt allow it to go through sand filter...

I have a Taylor K6000c test kit with FAS and DPD.

Thanks,

Roger

Any pool filter of any type should be able to filter out anything large enough to see with the naked eye. If you see stuff blowing out the returns, your filter ain't filtering. It's time to open it up and have a look. It could be clumped into big rocks and a backwash just jumbled them and left huge crevasses. Could the filter have frozen over the winter and cracked the standpipe or one of the laterals?

Start with Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.