Pool covers to retain heat

timjet

Sep 4, 2015
Leesburg, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Can anyone advise how effective the 5 ft rings are at retaining heat. You can get these on Amazon with an inflatable ring and the inside portion I believe is bubble wrap material. I would need about 15 to effectively cover the pool but storage would be easy and it would be easy to install.

Anything that covers the pool surface will inhibit evaporation and thus retain heat in the pool water.

The issue with the rings was always wind. They get picked up/moved by the wind.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Evaporation will be diminished but personally if you're going through the effort to cover I'd use the one piece cover. The problem with rings are the radius leaves lots of uncovered spaces where they won't fit and where the rings meet each other sort of a half baked solution.

Residual heat and evaporation loss will be minimal and, as others have said, they will blow around even in the slightest wind. They are a gimmick at best and a waste of money. Only a solid cover will do what you want to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.