Pool cover

guddylover

Jan 25, 2020
Toronto
I have a pool cover that drains water inside the pool during off season and keep debris out, but the issue I have is that I always have to manually lower the water due to snow melt and rain. But when I try to open the pool my water chemistry readings is almost showing zero. What can I do to avoid this? I had to put a whole 9 bags of pool salt because there was none in there.

What kind of cover do you have now? I just assumed it was one of those mesh safety covers.
I have a solid safety cover and aside from a little dirt and a few leaves my pool is very clean when I open it in the spring.

What kind of cover do you have now? I just assumed it was one of those mesh safety covers.
I have a solid safety cover and aside from a little dirt and a few leaves my pool is very clean when I open it in the spring.
I have those safety cover, it keeps leaves and dirt out but it lets water in. I just opened the pool for the first time and I am kind of shocked at how much chemicals I have had to buy and still not enough, I heard this is due to the fact that I have been pumping water out and gets diluted with rain water or snow melt. Would buying a cover that keeps both water and snow out solve this problem? Example my salt level at opening was 600ppm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.