Pool cover sunk (Above groud), Help!

so, to give you an idea of how much water was on cover, I ran pump on fast speed for 4-5 hours and now i am very close to getting the cover off!
Thinking after the fact, if the cover was not permable, then rain water musta pushed pool water out thru the skimmer, so, i have a feeling my CYA is very low now...
This is exactly what happens when you cover an above ground pool and precipitation accumulates on the cover. It's like taking a 3/4 glass of water and filling it full of ice. The water level rises and eventually overflows. I'm draining my cover right now too. I lose roughly 1ft or more of water every time I use a cover. It freaks new pool owners out. It's not unheard of for me to get 2.5ft - 3ft of water on my cover in the winter months.

Download the app and save it to your phone. You need to get the TA and pH up immediately if it truly is 0 with low pH.

So for next year try to keep an eye on the water level of the cover - they are not set it & forget it as you have found. I use a little manual siphon i got at Leslie’s for $20 when it rains alot & it works well for me - its slow but requires no electricity & is very passive
Blue Wave Drain for Winter Pool Cover Amazon.com : Blue Wave Drain for Winter Pool Cover : Swimming Pool Covers : Garden & Outdoor
Also every couple of weeks I spend about 5 minutes with the leaf net to prevent a huge mess later. Spring opening is a breeze, not much water lost & no Crud in my pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.