Pool cover reels

Jan 23, 2018
Pensacola Fl
I see that most cover reels are identified as solar cover reels. Can they be used for other covers, such as blanket type cover or a net cover? I would like add some kind of cover to keep leaves out of the pool and would like to be able to use a reel. But as I said, reels I've seen are labeled for solar covers. Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

I see that most cover reels are identified as solar cover reels. Can they be used for other covers, such as blanket type cover or a net cover? I would like add some kind of cover to keep leaves out of the pool and would like to be able to use a reel. But as I said, reels I've seen are labeled for solar covers. Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.
Solar covers are the "lightest" cover. I'm not sure the weight of a regular pool cover would be supported.
That being said, you could use it for a mesh NET leaf cover (we have one and love it to cut down on frequent cleaning)
1551650940680.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.