Pool Cover for Leisure Pools Ultimate Fiberglass

shane_crocker

Aug 17, 2020
Brentwood, TN
Hello!
First time pool owner here and we now have a Leisure Pools Ultimate 35 Fiberglass Pool in our backyard that they're currently plumbing & backfilling. I had a question about pool covers, this pool has a built in spa and tanning ledge on one side and the Pool Builder has mentioned that their customers typically keep the pool open year round with a variable speed pump and a heater. Which is fine, however at a minimum in the winter, I'm thinking we'd need a leaf net or some type of cover but am unsure about how we'd use the spa in cold weather if it's covered. Would we just put a leaf net over the whole pool and peel back one side for when we want to use the spa in the fall or winter? Any guidance from other Fiberglass pool owners that might have a spa attached? We also have small children and will likely put up a temporary safety fence, so something a little more substantial than a leaf net does sounds appealing, but so does using the spa in the winter.

Thank you!
Shane

Welcome to TFP :)

The question is are you going to close the pool in your area... the problem being if the pool is closed the spa is also closed and winterized... do you get into freezing temps for weeks on end or just a day or so... That will dictate if the spa will be able to be used, that is really why they call it a spa and not a hot tub..

If you want to use a hot tub all winter long it is better to have a stand alone hot tub and close the pool for the winter, the stand alone is built to be used all winter...

As for a cover almost any of the safety covers can be used and there are many that have the pool separate from the spa..

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thanks! Appreciate the guidance.

Since the pool is already in the ground and has the spa attached, a separate spa wouldn't be an option. We're in Nashville so we can have stretches of freezing temps but I think most folks with fiberglass that have a VSP & Heater just run it year round. I was curious wht other owners that had a fiberglass pool/spa combo did with similar climate, we typically get a good run of all 4 seasons. If we just leave it "open" all year, then just a leaf net over the top or something more substantial? Just peel back the cover to the spa when you want to use it?

I will DM you the information.
Can you send me the same information as I am having a leisure ultimate too and will be buying a winter cover and was looking at loop loc 3 but didn't realize they have their own covers. I didn't see that on the leisure site. Is it a solid cover, mesh or hybrid?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@uvavi8r

Hi, found this forum and also interested in pool cover for Ultimate. May you share information. Currently I've been using solar cover with bubbles which I cut to size but between Texas sun and pool chlorine the cover only lasted 2 years. Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a Cover Pool auto cover on my Ultimate 40 and I'm going on year 3 this year. I'm in NJ and the cover get full sun the whole day. With it I only need to set my SWG between 15-20% and it keeps my FC right where I need it. I only put initial chemicals in at spring opening and the only thing I add during the year is an occasional addition of muriatic acid to keep adjust the PH if it gets a little high. That's it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.