meestahmarc

Jun 7, 2018
Paramus, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ho. Trying to figure out a solution. Getting a lot of acorns now, cannot cut the tree... My Polaris vac bot is filling up daily, but i am not at the house on weekdays... So I need some sort of cover. Some a orns can fall in, but I need to catch most on top. Or get a bigger Polaris back or bigger robot. My Polaris mess back has Velcro, not a zipper and would say it s about the size of my forearm when full. Any ideas for a light duty cover for these last two weeks of my season.

Hi. I have 2 large oaks behind my pool and the acorns just started to fall with regularity this past week. I'm in rockland county, only 8-10 miles from you. I suggest this net unless someone has a better solution. Just weight it down of course. You'll be able to pull the leaf net off with a helper and dump the acorns next to the pool no problem. I use it when I close for the leaves over my solid tarp-type cover and it works great. Use this alone while the pool is still open so you can swim when you want. I wouldn't use a solid tarp for acorns alone with the pool still open. If it sinks/gets water on top you'll wind up dumping all the acorns into the pool.

Buffalo Blizzard Leaf Net Cover for a 16' x 32' Rectangle Swimming Pool - PoolSupplies.com

I bought the Buffalo Blizzard leaf net. I bought a pretty big size so it fits well over the pool edges. I then used some medium sized rocks to hold it in place, leaving my Polaris vac running below it picking up any small stuff that might fall below. So far looks good. not sure how I will clean the net when i pull it off this weekend. The thing is BIG! I serves it's purpose and also will help when I get the pool replastered.

I'm a little late, but in the future, check out pond netting, as opposed to pool netting. For my previous pool, I spent about half of what the same size pool net would've cost, for pretty much the same thing...and it worked just as well.

I'm a little late, but in the future, check out pond netting, as opposed to pool netting. For my previous pool, I spent about half of what the same size pool net would've cost, for pretty much the same thing...and it worked just as well.

Good to know BMK; thank you.

Meestamahmarc, I don't clean mine (and it's marinated in rotting leaves over a couple of closings). Personally I don't think it's worth the effort, especially if you can store it in a shed or under a deck. I.e., out of your house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.