Pool cover always rips

Are you using the tarp style covers ? If so this is the exact reason why a lot of folks don’t pay extra for ‘pool covers’ and just use a cheap tarp with the expectation to replace it every year. Sometimes it even lasts a second year.

It really depends on the type of cover and how it is attached. Previous to the autocover we had a heavy solid winter cover. The straps were spring loaded and attached to anchors in the concrete deck. I have a Grecian design (clipped corners) and steps protruding from one corner. Each cover lasted about 8 - 10 years.

Use pool noodles (cut up as need be) and Gorilla tape In the spots that it rubs. Tarps by nature don’t like rubbing at all but maybe it won’t mind the softer noodle.

Gorilla tape will hold the noodles under the cover. At least mine does. I seal off the holes from the ladder with it so they don’t sit there filled all winter. Get the wide one (3.5 inches ?) and each piece will have more to help it grab.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.