Pool cost estimate DFW area

vinster78

Jul 11, 2021
texas
House shopping post COVID has been challenging. So we found a house we like but it does not have a pool and it reflective in the price. There is plenty of lot space. What would be a good cost estimate for 10x20 or 10x30 inground pool with a small spa, we would also like to add a 12x12 outdoor living area patio with a a grill. What would be approximate budget these days? Is 100K a good number for this to budget. I understand there are lot of variables but just curious what are people spending these days especially in North Texas and typical wait time. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a slope to deal with? If so that adds cost. What about gas/electric line locations.... hopefully those are run so the pool could be installed without relocating as that can add thousands to the job. Basic pool/spa is probably 65-75 and up. Patio deck is probably 10-15 per sq ft and up. Basic covered patio is probably 10-15k and basic kitchen will add 6-9 k depending on grill selection. I know prices are up but you might be able to do a small pool/spa and patio cover with a limited amount of decking and a cover for 100k. My suggestion if you are still looking for a house... find one with a pool/spa already installed... I did the same thing 2 years ago and ended up spending about 30% more on pool/spa/patio cover than I had expected. But you can get more of what you want when you build it yourself.

Reactions: ShadyPool
This month I have been quoted approx 105-115k for a 35x17 geometric pool with SPA, water feature, and appx 1100 feet of rock salt decking.

PB's are booked and the schedule will likely be longer than you desire.
But to your question, we are having a free-form pool with tanning ledge, 2 scuppers from a raised beam, 3.5 to 7' depth. 21' at widest point and 35' long. This is $65k and their prices increased since we signed contract.

Things are crazy right now so it would be really hard to tell. I was able to get my backyard done in the early stages of the pandemic and If I had built the same backyard now it would easily be 25% more. Don’t be surprised if it’s north of 100k

I went under contract in December and my arbor went under contract in March before lumber got real crazy.

All in I’m at about $108k for a 13x38 pool with raised beam on back side + 7x7.5 raised spillover spa, highest tier glass tile, toe tile, nobile tile basic pebble finish, 650sqft of salt finished concrete, and 40x10 arbor. I also had a 160’ gas line run. My pool/backyard would probably cost $120k or more now if I just going under contract now.

As for how long it will take. There are several of us that had a dig around Feb. Some are starting to wrap up/at plaster. Mine is going on week 24 since dig and who knows when I will be at plaster. Then again there are a couple of builds that started more recently that are about where I am at in about half the time. It depends on how many pools the PB has under contract.

Last edited:
The only way to know if you're getting a fair price is to get several estimates. Right now pool builders a setting prices outrageously high so that, if anyone bites, they make a windfall.

Wait until next year and prices will come down.

But to your question, we are having a free-form pool with tanning ledge, 2 scuppers from a raised beam, 3.5 to 7' depth. 21' at widest point and 35' long. This is $65k and their prices increased since we signed contract.
Curious to hear who you used? I’m reaching builders now

Pool builder? We are in dfw and that's our budget

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.