Marlton, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello. I have a pool with a SWG. The pool guys were just here to close the pool and they apparently added a "closing chemical kit" to the pool even though I specifically told them to not add anything when doing the closing service. They added a Bromine floater, phosphate remover, algecide and a stain and scale remover.

At this point it is already in the water, so nothing I can do I guess. However should I pull that bromine floater out?

Why would they add a bromine floater to a SWG/Chlorine pool? I'm not familiar with bromine.

Any advice? By the way, this is the same company that built the pool, so they are well aware it is a SWG.

PS: I've been doing all my own chemistry for years without the PB or a store's help and everything has been perfect. I have never put all that junk in at closing in my life. So frustrated with them!

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
Pull the Bromine thing now. You do not want to create a bromine pool.

The other items should not create lasting issues. Odd to add a phosphate remover at closing as you need to filter and remove the material resulting solids or else it just breaks down and returns the phosphates to the water.

I thought bromine was primarily used in (stand-alone) hot tubs? Either way, take that thing out asap!!!! Like the comment above mine said, you do NOT want a bromine pool!! Lord I would be so ticked off if this happened to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.