DBLKref11

Dec 29, 2020
Montgomery, Al
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Have a question on using powder chlorine. I am in the process of closing my pool for the coming winter months but first I need to get the water balance. While balancing thee water I notice the water is a bit cloudy, so I am going to slam it to clear it up before the closing. I know liquid chlorine is call for when slamming but unfortunately liquid chlorine is not available in my area (Montgomery, Al). The only chlorine available is powder, what I would like to know is will it be ok to use powder chlorine and will I have to do anything different using the powder chlorine while slamming? Any advice given will be greatly appreciated.

All chlorine is good for FC. If using powder or pucks, you need to ensure your CH or CYA have wiggle room to accommodate the addition. Steer clear of any products with blue in the title. It's industry code for copper.

You can use 'effects of adding' in PoolMath to see what 5lbs of powdered shock will do to your calcium (etc, etc)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.