Pool Closing - Heavy Metal - Freezing Temps on the Way

I live in the woods in upstate NY and have had a nightmare opening my pool in the spring due to leave falling so I tried something new this fall. I have waited until almost all the leaves have fallen, have gotten them out of the pool, etc. Thru the summer I somehow got heavy metal in my pool and I forgot about this when I shocked it for the winterization process. So now I have a green pool, freezing temps are hours away, not sure what to do. If I put the winter cover on I assume my liner will be stained when I open it up in the spring correct? As I see it I have 2 options, the first is to drain the water and replace it, which I can do as I have a freshwater source nearby or I can leave it as is, close the pool up and deal with a stained liner in the spring. I was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions and if not which option is my best option.

Thanks all!

Welcome to TFP.

Advice on draining a pool depends on the type of pool you have and it's age. Inground? Aboveground? Please create your signature and give us details about your pool.

The only way to get metals out fo water is by draining it out. If the metals are still in solution and not yet deposited on walls as stains this would be the time to drain it before you need to deal with lifting the stains.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.