Pool clear. 0.0-0.2 combined chlorine. Green hose.

DuchessJen

Jun 18, 2021
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hi!
During a multi-day rainstorm, I couldn't keep the chlorine within range. So, we ended up with outflow hoses that are now yellow-green on the inside.

My consistent, non-stormy pool maintenance keeps my combined clorine tests at 0.0-0.2, my free chlorine within range for my CYA, and slamming and shocking and algaecide have not cleared up the hoses.

What in the world do I do? It's clearly not showing up in water tests, as my combined chlorine is always within range...

Attachments

• 69E7C661-B945-4F74-80E1-F50974ED1341.png
    69E7C661-B945-4F74-80E1-F50974ED1341.png
    505.3 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 20
Hey Jen !!! Get those pipes off and make a 10:1 bleach mix in a garbage can and submerge them fully for a while. It looks like you don't even need tools to take them apart.

Not maintaining the pool due to rain all but guarantees big headaches. If you consistently maintain the pool otherwise, then you just know what your pool needs that day. Run and blindly dump in yesterday's dose. It doesn't have to be perfect, it will more than likely work today too.

Mixing rain water is big too. You don't want cold 0 FC water sitting on top for 12-16 hours until the pump comes on next. Get out there every couple of hours and turn the pump on for a bit.

Hey Jen !!! Get those pipes off and make a 10:1 bleach mix in a garbage can and submerge them fully for a while. It looks like you don't even need tools to take them apart.

Not maintaining the pool due to rain all but guarantees big headaches. If you consistently maintain the pool otherwise, then you just know what your pool needs that day. Run and blindly dump in yesterday's dose. It doesn't have to be perfect, it will more than likely work today too.

Mixing rain water is big too. You don't want cold 0 FC water sitting on top for 12-16 hours until the pump comes on next. Get out there every couple of hours and turn the pump on for a bit.
Good tips!! I'll do that!! 🥰

Reactions: Newdude
That looks like an Intex pool. I’m not sure about yours but mine came with two black plugs to plug those holes if the tubes weren’t installed. That would allow removal without draining the pool.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.