Pool Cleaner No Power Chord Options for Skimming?

Aug 17, 2016
Florida
Hello, i've done a lot of research.. I mean a LOT. I've tried a lot of different products, and coming up to my first fall and winter, i am a little scared. My infinity trough is going to be a PITA. I was researching solutions that were not eyesores. I have a dolphin triton plus which does an ok job, when it's not stuck on a drain. However, i get a lot of debri in my pool and trough.With all the bugs here on the lake.. I even pulled a crayfish out the other day.No idea how it got in the trough. Many tiny snakes have been rescued as well. So let's get to business. I've looked at the SkimDevil, The solarBreeze nx the Solaskim etc.. All are way too wide for my trough which is 24 inches. They are all 22-23 inches wide themselves. The poolskim looks nice, but my trough does not have any jets, the water gets in the trough from auto fill and when the water goes over the infinity edge, that's it! So that won't work. Does anyone have any other robotic solutions? I do not want to run an extension cord down to my trough for a robot, but at this point unless i put a solar skimmer in the main pool. That might be the only option.

Ugh!

Frustrated. I did order the Solaskim from Remington Solar but the owner called me and told me that it won't work in my pool because it doesn't have a wall to make it turn, so it'll just get stuck on my edge.

The Solarbreeze is nice, but i like the way the SkimDevil looksmore. but it's $130 (699vs solarbreeze 569) and you have to preorder 4 months out to get the skimdevil.. Besides $700 is ridiculous.

I'm trying to avoid using the vac port, the trough filter gets so dirty to begin with. *sighs*

Does the infinity trough not skim the pool well on its own?

I would think using some fishing line and some suction cups to make an artificial wall (aka something to bump into) for the Solar Breeze would work. It doesn't move with a lot of speed. Unless the problem is the flow out the trough would be too hard for it to over-come and be stuck.

Post a picture of the setup, it might help brainstorming.

Does the infinity trough not skim the pool well on its own?

I would think using some fishing line and some suction cups to make an artificial wall (aka something to bump into) for the Solar Breeze would work. It doesn't move with a lot of speed. Unless the problem is the flow out the trough would be too hard for it to over-come and be stuck.

Post a picture of the setup, it might help brainstorming.
Hello, sorry if i confused. The wall does just fine skimming for the most part. However the trough becomes very nasty even with filtering. I have to scoop it 2x a day at least. I am not sure how the solar breeze would work with my pool. It's the solaskim by a different company that we ended up canceling.I've read some mixed reviews on the solarbreeze. So i am skeptical, i wish there was a smaller skimmer for the trough, if i had a skimmer for the trough . There would be minimal maintenance but emptying containers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.