Pool Cleaner for Fiberglass Pool

lcd98

Aug 30, 2015
Middletown, NJ
I’m looking for recommendations for a new pool cleaner. I had narrowed it down to the Dolphin M400 or M500 but then I realized I might have an issue with the filters. I got the impression from reading reviews that they won’t pick up large debris and silt at the same time which is important to me. I also read that they are quite heavy.

Here’s some background. I have a 16x40 rectangular fiberglass pool. It has a has a built-in seat running across one of the long sides and a grab ledge running around the rest of the perimeter. Several molded steps are built into a portion of the seat. It is 4 feet deep on the low end and 6.5 feet deep on the deep end. I live in NJ so the pool is only open from May to September. My neighbors have deciduous trees which overhang my pool and deposit a myriad of leaves, pods (including walnuts) and fine silt into my pool throughout the summer. I currently have a basic private label Aquabot Millenium with a bottom loading bag. It picks up the large and fine particles well but misses spots and is lacking many features. I run it at least daily and sometimes twice a day. It has been serviced four times in less than 3 years.

Below is my wish list for a new cleaner in order of importance:
1. Top loading baskets that can handle both large debris and fine silt at the same time
2. Swivel cord
3. Phone app to direct robot to missed spots (or remote)
4. Ability to clean stairs, bench, ledge and waterline
4. No mess removal from pool
5. Good warranty (preferably 3 years but minimum 2) and ability to have repaired locally if possible
6. Caddy and basket-full indicator a plus
7. Don't want boosters to kick up dirt

I’’d appreciate any advice. I’ve come to rely on this forum greatly since installing my pool and avoid pool stores as much as possible. Thank you.

Thanks for the recommendation. It looks like the multi-layer basket may work better than the filters in the M Series in my situation. Do you find that the power stream technology kicks up the debris?

The "power stream" is its propulsion system; it's what keeps it flat against the wall and what moves it sideways along the tile line. When it's not climbing it kicks out a stream at the rear and up, so it won't likely disturb debris, but it's nothing I'd worry about. It spends a couple of hours doing its job and the pool ends up clean. Don't get bogged down in the details.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.