Notauser

Jun 3, 2020
Gainesville, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all, I'm looking at purchasing a Pentair Warrior SE, as it seems to be the go to cleaner around here. I've seen posts about is buying the caddy worth it, but I haven't seen anything about the build quality of the caddys, and I've really only seen one or two pictures of it. My question is, is the caddy just a cheap pieces of plastic that will break wheels off unless you only roll it around flat concrete, or will it handle pebble walk ways, going up a over ledges, etc, and does anyone have a few pictures they could share? If it's going to break easily or not be very mobile, I'd rather buy a pneumatic wheeled hand truck and build something to hold the robot, controller, cord, etc. Thanks.

It's pretty sturdy. I drag my caddy over the bump in the pool gate without concern, and I also lift up the entire thing by the top handle, robot and all, to plop it in the corner behind the patio furniture. I'm sure it could be dragged across pebbles and over rocks without much issue.

I got mine from Amazon:

It's not quite the same model that Marina Pool & Spa carry, but I think I read somewhere that this is actually the "proper" one for the Warrior, not that it matters too much.

The cover does a decent job of protecting the robot from the sun and elements, but I don't use it very often because we're getting past the pollen season and we keep the robot in a shady corner under the pergola. I mostly put it on when we have guests over because it does make it look a lot nicer.

I don't regret buying it, but ymmv. You're going to be paying the pool equipment premium for what is essentially just a few pieces of plastic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.