Pool chemistry and a new timer on the pump

I finally got a timer on my pump after 12 years and at the moment I've been running it 8 hours daily with no problems. I'd like to creep it back even further if possible but what should I be looking out for while I start running the pump less?

The way I see it there are 2 considerations - debris and water balance. Is this right? We cover the pool at night with a solar cover and there's not generally a whole lot of stuff that just lands in it, except when the nearby trees flower and shed (which was earlier in the spring).

Apart from that, as I creep the timer length back an hour or two at a time, I assume I'm also looking out for changes in CC, yes? So far, at 8 hours a day, and maintaining the FC between 7 and 9 (according to the chart here Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart), the CC has remained at 0 and there are small fluctuations in pH.

I know I should run the pump for an hour after adding chemicals (LC around 10 or 11 am). Is there anything else I should be paying attention to?

Thanks in advance, you wonderful people

Chris

FC 8.5
CC 0
pH 7.8
TA 110
CYA 60

You are right: debris and water balance.

For water balance, you only need 30-60 minutes before you test and 30-60 minutes after you add any chemicals.

Usually it is the debris and/or heating and/or SWG that dictates a longer pump run time.

Shortened pump run time will not result in the CC climbing.

My guess is you could run for 2-4 hours and be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.