Pool Calculator

Larry65

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 22, 2012
Kentucky
What happened to the pool calculator??? I bookmarked it and used it last year (2018). Now when I go to it, I'm asked to log in and when I do I'm told that I may have been deleted. The website I have bookmarked is Home - Pool Calculator. I don't know if this is associated with Trouble Free Pool but I have been using it for years via TFP. I am reluctant to register on this site unless it is connected to TFP.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I thought it might be appropriate. I changed to the app a few weeks ago, and it's a great way to log test results and chemical additions while standing at the pool. But I am always going back to the poolmath page online because there, I can input all my pool data, and it calculates what I need for chemicals as a whole system, rather than an isolated recommendation that you can only get using the app "Effects of Adding". For instance, on app it allows the isolated recommendation say... effect of adding 14 ounces of 6% bleach to a 10,000 gal pool will increase FC by "x", without knowing what any other readings seems to be different than PoolMath. Am I confused? perhaps...

Many moons ago (roughly 10 years) the code for the Pool Calculator was sold by JasonLion (the author) to an outside company. As part of the agreement TFP kept rights to keep a copy as well. After many years of the company not updating their code TFP tossed caution into the wind and did our own version, PoolMath. This went online roughly 6 years ago.

About three years ago TFP had created an App out of the code which we now are moving towards as our future. Meanwhile the code for the Pool Calculator was once again sold to an advertising company who has since plastered links to questionable pool chemicals all over the place. ??‍♂️

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.