Pool Build NW Austin, TX

Got city permit approval in one week - that seemed much faster than expected.

Waiting on HOA approval, which is a bit annoying since when they finally get around to looking at it I know they will auto approve - a pointless delay.

Our design is so close to the utility easement that we need the surveyors to come out twice - stake prior to dig and then a form survey for city approval. Unexpectedly high cost for the survey at $1k - budget for that if your builds are within 2 feet of a PUE in my area.

Ready to dig! hard to be patient

I’m actually trying to get the city to fully release a PUE. It not holding up the pool, but we also want to extend our patio too. It was really hard to find a surveyor. Found one that promised to complete it in 8 business days, but it took 15 business days instead. There were also several errors on it, but they did fix them quickly. Oh, and they cut my cable line when they were at my house!

good luck!

I see you’re in Cedar Park and not in Austin. Hopefully that’s better.

It looks bigger than expected! Unfortunately goes more into planting bed along side yard than drawings showed, need to discuss. Would lose another tree but it’s a tree that doesn’t grow due it growing on a limestone shelf, so wouldn’t be end of the world. But the progress is fun to see - city inspection tomorrow, forms Wednesday/Thursday, form survey Friday, maybe digging next week. More jackhammering than digging I think

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you take a tape measure out and make sure it was the correct size? How about orientation? Maybe it could be turned some to make it fit better? You can use water hoses or bright rope and "re draw" the pool to see if you want it different.

Kim:kim:

Might need to make some brownies for the neighbors! 3 days+ OUCH! Is it costing extra or built into the contract? How close to being done? Make sure they do NOT quit until it is deep enough! We say one build where they said "we thought it was deep enough" and left!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.