Pool Build in SW Ohio - Almost there!

Bingo! About half the fittings are DWV. Good news is when I texted the PB he was super apologetic, made no excuses, and will replace it no questions asked. Can’t say enough good things about these guys. They are a class act.

Looking good. What happened the cover box messed up the plumbers plans?
DWV fittings. I have no idea what the cover box should look like, so don’t hesitate to let me know if it doesn’t look right. The CoverStar Central guys seemed to be very particular and on top of things, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Plumbing was corrected and completed today, along with a few other details. Conduit and initial backfill of trench tomorrow so we can be ready to install the liner and backfill on Thursday. Almost there...

Sorry for the sideways pictures - my phone won’t let me rotate them for some reason.
ECCD6C05-D04B-4043-BB41-3EC16B8AAD8E.jpeg

fc1e4c01-3b85-4480-9d8c-9f128c00ec6f-jpeg.322763

35966423-DDD7-4DAD-B584-A049AEBA2309.jpegB5B9248D-EBAF-4A54-BA7C-334B5A888322.jpeg2F918414-EB37-47C7-9B49-BC797834F12C.jpegCF9FDBB5-9125-4C79-993F-70404AF2C301.jpeg1559E2A1-D520-492E-8E2D-13779326CB3C.jpeg552DC657-B59D-4C64-9786-B4D586F09A81.jpeg9AE56257-FA68-456E-AE4A-10419DAD1DBD.jpeg4BCBD83C-83B2-4178-9DEC-B17ECFA7969A.jpegFC1E4C01-3B85-4480-9D8C-9F128C00EC6F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep those pictures safe for future. You never know if you need pipe reference in future. I actually have every builds utility pics on an external harddrive

Looks great so far making good progress
Thanks, Jimmy. Great to have your eyes on it as we progress; I really appreciate everyone’s time interviewing stuff along em the way and offering suggestions. I will definitely save this pictures. I have a couple hundred so far from the whole project. I’ve done that with other projects in the past and it’s great to be able to go back and locate a trench later.

Reactions: jimmythegreek
I’ve done that with other projects in the past and it’s great to be able to go back and locate a trench later
Or pipes, electric etc inside walls. Even just 8 years ago when I built my pool we took pics on an iPad because our cellphones were sliders with terrible cameras. The new Samsung has 8k resolution.

Reactions: wgipe
We have water!! They are holding the level down a bit so they can finish the concrete edges from inside the pool when they pour next week, so I am left to add chlorine and brush for a few days here - no problem there. We were a little nervous about the black liner, but we absolutely love it. My question is one of chemistry. I tested the full water - first test logged in my results linked here, and I’m a little concerned about the 8.2 pH. I tested it twice to be sure, and it came back the same way both times. Should I get some acid in there to adjust it down and brush to distribute?47C19121-2B3A-4627-9A50-F3070CF6A919.jpegA545035B-5E3C-407C-BE91-C30480706A20.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If anything use some or phdown amd dilute in a bucket then add that liquid and brush. As long as you have some chlorine in there it will be fine for a while. I go weeks on builds amd keep them clean with a garden hose sump to spin the water around. You can clear cloudy water with no filter and the above method

If anything use some or phdown amd dilute in a bucket then add that liquid and brush. As long as you have some chlorine in there it will be fine for a while. I go weeks on builds amd keep them clean with a garden hose sump to spin the water around. You can clear cloudy water with no filter and the above method
Thanks man. I had some MA, so I diluted one cup in a 5-gallon bucket at a time (only needed 2 cups) and brushed it for about 10 minutes. Also dissolved some CYA in a sock on my pool pile and have the robot running around for a couple of hours to get things mixed up. I’ll test again tomorrow and see what I end up with.

Reactions: Newdude
Btw I like the PBs guys. They just need some decoys and a lab to start duck hunting back there
They are fantastic guys. All of them. I don’t know where he finds guys that actually care and work hard, but somehow he does. They are a real small outfit, and I think they just genuinely enjoy their work and working together.

Looking SWEET !!! Got any liner tight with no water pics ??? I LOVE those.
I thought I did, but apparently I missed that stage. I got a shot before it was stretched, and right as they started filling though. It is incredible how the liner just sucks back perfectly as the water rises.
EF6163D8-E930-4B10-8DB8-27C141DD8E91.jpegF70C9234-83C5-4060-AEC7-A00A91A31AB3.jpeg

They are fantastic guys. All of them. I don’t know where he finds guys that actually care and work hard, but somehow he does. They are a real small outfit, and I think they just genuinely enjoy their work and working together.
And, for the record, we are hillbillies. All of us. My 9-year-old stopped yesterday, laid down in the bucket of my skid steer and struck this pose. Hillbilly glamour shot? 😂🤷‍♂️
D3766273-96BD-4275-A911-4DA09F16648E.jpeg

Ok, so your pump and filter live in a cuter house than I do.

I’m kinda loving that black liner! And what a great bunch of boys! Excited for you all!

• Haha
Reactions: wgipe
Ok, so your pump and filter live in a cuter house than I do.

I’m kinda loving that black liner! And what a great bunch of boys! Excited for you all!
Hahaha! I have spent waaaay too many hours on that thing. Kept me occupied through the pandemic, I guess.

We were a little nervous about going with the black liner, but I could not love it more. When the sun hits it, it’s super deep turquoise/steel blue. Can’t wait to get the deck done next week.

Hi guys,

I have a question about galvanic corrosion. The pool panels are G-90 galvanized steel. I am attaching bonding lungs to them, and wondering if the stainless steel bolts I used for that will cause galvanic corrosion and eventually fail. The research I’ve done online is pretty conflicting. Anyone know what fasteners are recommended in that scenario?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.