Pool build details

That is a HUGE spa. Consider how you're going to heat that and how much you're willing to pay. I have an 8x7 integrated spa with an autocover and it can take well over an hour to heat with a 400K BTU heater when raising it from pool temp around 60 in the winter. I have a massive natural gas bill. I kinda of wish I went with what the designer recommended which was 7x7 instead of making it a little bigger because it's rarely full of people yet I pay the same to heat it just for myself.

I couldn't imagine how long it would take to heat your spa and how much it would cost. The autocover is not good at holding the heat in, if I don't mix the water between pool and spa, it'll hold high 70's to low 80's over night, but after 2 nights it's back around pool temp.

To save money I use the solar heating to raise the spa temp, I can get it up to the mid 70's and then it only takes 30-45 minutes. Once summer hits and I get the pool much warmer, it'll be less of a big deal, but this winter has been rough! The price of natural gas is insane and only going up!!

Reactions: southbay
That is a HUGE spa. Consider how you're going to heat that and how much you're willing to pay. I have an 8x7 integrated spa with an autocover and it can take well over an hour to heat with a 400K BTU heater when raising it from pool temp around 60 in the winter. I have a massive natural gas bill. I kinda of wish I went with what the designer recommended which was 7x7 instead of making it a little bigger because it's rarely full of people yet I pay the same to heat it just for myself.

I couldn't imagine how long it would take to heat your spa and how much it would cost. The autocover is not good at holding the heat in, if I don't mix the water between pool and spa, it'll hold high 70's to low 80's over night, but after 2 nights it's back around pool temp.

To save money I use the solar heating to raise the spa temp, I can get it up to the mid 70's and then it only takes 30-45 minutes. Once summer hits and I get the pool much warmer, it'll be less of a big deal, but this winter has been rough! The price of natural gas is insane and only going up!!
I'd consider scrunching the spa down to put a row a steps in one of the corners. It would free up more room for volleyball.

Reactions: southbay
The spa started small but our friends did an oversized (and extra deep) and it was so much fun! I figure most of the time that’s the preferred adult hangout area. And if it’s too cold for swimming, you can just heat the spa and lounge around. I’ll consider the advice to shrink but I really like the idea of an oversized spa, extra heating times and cost are what they are.

Reactions: brimorga
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.