Pool bricks -get hot.

It's a pain isn't it? Even my wood deck is too hot - in fact it's more hot with the stain than before. As everyone said splashed water and umbrellas help. When I was researching a pool install last year I took these notes on pavers (until I realized IG was above my budget). Won't help your situation but maybe someone reading this tread.

99 degree day / heat index 108
concrete 114 degrees (warm but bearable)
gray paver 126 degrees (can’t stand on)
PA blue stone 126
travertine cream 110
travertine beige 115
beige paver 120

It's a pain isn't it? Even my wood deck is too hot - in fact it's more hot with the stain than before. As everyone said splashed water and umbrellas help. When I was researching a pool install last year I took these notes on pavers (until I realized IG was above my budget). Won't help your situation but maybe someone reading this tread.

99 degree day / heat index 108
concrete 114 degrees (warm but bearable)
gray paver 126 degrees (can’t stand on)
PA blue stone 126
travertine cream 110
travertine beige 115
beige paver 120
Splashing it down and umbrellas- we have 5 monster-12 ft umbrellas around pool and still doesn’t cover the bricks. I do splash water as I leave the hose next to the pool. I try to put mats down but find them in the pool or in the woods if it’s windy. So only answer is tell everyone to wear sandals. Do they make bricks that don’t get hot?

I try to put mats down but find them in the pool or in the woods if it’s windy. So only answer is tell everyone to wear sandals.
My previous answer was “flip-flops”. We always tell our guests that all they need to bring is swimsuits and flip-flops; we supply everything else. Some of them don’t listen, and show up with towels but no flip-flops. We accumulate towels, sigh.

We use 2 outdoor rugs (1 each by pool & spa steps) from Frontgate, and anchor them with 2 of Leslie’s “valet” towel racks with water-weighted bases. The rugs are great for bare feet, and they last 4-5 seasons in my climate.

I use walk pads meant for a Duro-Last roof system. I wish they could be purchased easily because they are fairly inexpensive and work great. All PVC with a nice slip proof surface. Pure white so they stay cool even at 100 degrees.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.