Pool blaster Max

Jun 4, 2018
Clifton, VA
I just replaced my PBM with a PBM Li. Having nothing to do, I opened the old PBM and verified the motor still runs (used a 9V battery and a pair of jumper leads). I greased the gears; no sign of any rust/water damage. Now I'm considering ordering a new battery pack (Water Tech part #PBA007). A couple of questions--my PBM charger always shows the green light, just as it would when connected to a fully charged battery. The charger output is close to 9 volts, so it's working. Before I invest $69.99 in a new battery (isn't it amazing how every distributor is charging the same price for the battery pack), do you think it would be okay to use that charger? I really don't want to purchase a new charger, because the Water Tech chargers are the weak link in the whole PBM system, IMHO. The charger with the green light issue is the third charger (original, plus 2 replacements) for my original PBM.

Any/all comments appreciated,
Thanks

As long as the polarity of the tip and the voltage is the same and amps match or are more (unit will only pull what it needs)
it should work I would think. I have never had an issue with the a/c chargers though I have heard a lot of people do.

I didn't think you could replace the battery on the MAX Li. Thought you had to send it in?
And they charge a minimum of $ 120 of any issues, near the cost of a new one.

Does it look like you can keep a good seal if you re-assemble it?

I'm on my second unit now (dead and out of warranty) and frustrated these don't seem
to last more than 2 years before going dead.

If I get another one, I'm buying the extended 4 year warranty from amazon.

As long as the polarity of the tip and the voltage is the same and amps match or are more (unit will only pull what it needs)it should work I would think. I have never had an issue with the a/c chargers though I have heard a lot of people do.I didn't think you could replace the battery on the MAX Li. Thought you had to send it in?And they charge a minimum of $ 120 of any issues, near the cost of a new one.Does it look like you can keep a good seal if you re-assemble it?I'm on my second unit now (dead and out of warranty) and frustrated these don't seemto last more than 2 years before going dead.If I get another one, I'm buying the extended 4 year warranty from amazon.
Just purchased the Max Li; I'm replacing battery (maybe) in my old PBM. That's a very simple task.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.