Pool Blaster Max

AnnaK

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2007
Eastern Pennsylvania
At the end of June I bought a Pool Blaster Max after doing some reading about their functionality here and elsewhere. I have an AGP which is used primarily as an exercise pool for our dogs. The dirt that doesn't filter out (because it doesn't stay in suspension) is silt, bracts, catkins, other organic materials, and small shale rocks. The dog hair gets caught by the PoolSkim or gathers on the pool bottom and can be scooped out.

The Pool Blaster Max comes with a sock made of a heavy, dense material which catches as much as the skimmer socks do. Caution must be used when cleaning the collection bag. It should be rinsed only, not scrubbed or rubbed because the fabric will 'pill' and become less effective. A strong stream of water from the hose cleans it nicely.

The cleaner is battery powered and comes with a rechargeable battery and charger. The charger has a red light (for low) and a green light (for charged). I hook it up for 2 hours and check the indicators. A full battery cleans my 26 x 12 foot pool and still runs.

This piece of equipment has shown itself to be much more effective than my suction side vacuum which is a pain to connect and does not pick up small rocks or leaves. It connects to a regular pole and the suction is quick. You have to make sure the head is flat on the bottom, of course, but after a few minutes tryout time you get the hang of it quickly.

I bought the Pool Blaster Max from WalMart online and paid $157 plus change and I recommend it.

It certainly is an improvement over the suction side setup. As long as it gets the sort of debris that settles in my pool, it's a winner. I follow up the vacuuming by brushing with a WallWhale attachment just to get whatever the Blaster might have missed into the water so it can be filtered out. Nice gadget.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.