Pool being installed this Thursday.

Kim1181

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2017
Cross Hill, SC
I'm so excited my 24 foot round pool is being installed this Thursday but I have a question. The weather has turned chilly here in South Carolina and they are calling for rain and 58 on Friday (day after pool install). Since my weather is so unstable right now would it be a good idea for me to get maybe a solar pool cover to keep on the pool until it warms up again? I am totally pool ignorant. I don't know a single thing I'm going into this blind and hoping y'all can help a (old) sister out!!!

Welcome (sister). First thing I'd order if I were you is one of our recommended "drop based" test kits in Pool School. You can thank us later!
(but 8 years into it, I just now ordered a solar cover) intheswim has free shipping thru tonite btw.

From what I have been told, the sun and Chlorine will degrade the plastic over time. I have a new cover still in the box, and I am waiting until the water temp comes up on it's own before putting mine on. My water is 66 this morning, and I see no reason to put it on and hope it gets to 70-72. I will probably put mine on when the water reaches about 78-80. Just my opinion!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.