Pool and spa motor turns on when manually turned off and it’s not related to the temperature

Drace1

Mar 26, 2021
Nashville Tennessee
My Hayward pool and spa motors turn on for no specific reason and not related to freezing temperatures. I turned motor off bc empty while cleaning and when pipe burst and needs replacing. Randomly they turned on automatically when no water in pool why can that happen?

This is a big deal bc I purchased motors for pool and spa one year ago and there was no water in either pool or spa as they were being cleaned and readied for spring and summer. The motor was heard running by me at 3am and there was no water in the spa when it turned on for no reason. The motor was running with no water for several hours before being turned off.
The pool did same at around 9 pm, was turned off and when attending to the spa at 3am the pool motor was running again with no water in the pool. It is warm here on Tennessee so if it the freeze protection, both motors have faulty freeze protection not likely.

Flip the breakers off for your pumps when your pool is empty.

What model pumps?

Post pics of your equipment pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.