Pool and spa lights not working

Jun 1, 2018
Wayne, NJ
Hi everyone. I am having trouble with both pool and spa lights. Both lights are LED and cycled through several colors. Two years ago the pool light stopped working, so my pool maintenance company replaced the GFI breaker. After that, the pool light only shows a dull red (flicking) light. Shortly thereafter, the spa light went out. I had a pool electrician look at it last week. There is 120V going to the junction box.

The lights are only 5 years old. I think they are Hayward (have not yet pulled them out of the water to inspect), but everything else on the pool is Hayward.

Any idea what would cause this?

Might consider an amerilight housing that uses a 12vt or 120vt standard screw in bulb. You can easily upgrade the bulb to an led color changing lightbulb for less than $100 vs. $15 for a std bulb. Here’s a pic of a friends I updated from burned out bulb to led colored bulbs. Easily controlled by the on/off switch or you can buy ones that change with a small remote- your choice

5FA4503B-F3EF-4F64-9FB1-C398CB5A3B62.jpeg

Which lights would you recommend? I assume all brands would be compatible with the Hayward Pro-Logic control board?

I end up just replacing with the same light. The ones that have went out are the older serial numbers that hayward has updated since. I'm hoping these new batches of lights are longer lasting. Also, I'm not sure I can run other lights since I'm using the Omnilogic for automation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.