Pool and spa light won't work at the same time

May 18, 2018
Plano, TX
We just had our pool and spa resurfaced. Afterwards, the pool light would not work. I replaced the bulb and it works fine. So does the spa light. However, they will not work at the same time.

Last night we had the pool light on for hours then turned the spa light on and after a few minutes they both went off. Turned both switches off then I turned the pool light on and it worked fine. I turned it off and turned on the spa light and it worked fine. When I turned the pool light back on and had both on together, they both stopped working. I kept the pool light off and the spa light worked fine for the rest of the night, about 2 hours.

No breaker reset needed. Just 5 seconds to turn the switches off and back on. No water in either housing and both fixtures are secure.

Where should I start?

If they worked fine b4 pool was resurfaced, I would start w the resurface contractor..Sounds like something was possible jarred.

BTW, what type of pool lights, how long installed, LED or not, etc? if you could pls update your profile [at bottom of your posts[, that would help to better understand your equipment

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.