Pool adventurers from Ouachita Mountains in Arkansas

Jun 10, 2015
mena AR
Hello fellow pool adventurers.

This is our 4th Intex above ground pool in 8 years. They don't wear out, we just keep upsizing. This 26' x 52" is the biggest we will be going and may go to a more permanent structure after this one wears out. I discovered Trouble free pools 2 years ago and can honestly say it has saved us a ton of money and headache. I am a high school science teacher in a small rural school and can tell you I have used what I have learned here to teach some great real world application lessons in my biology and chemistry classes.

We got a great winter month deal through the local box store on the 26' pool. However, I'm a little worried about getting the boxes unpacked and inspected before the chance to return runs out in case there are any damaged parts (the boxes were pretty banged up). My principal has a sand filter and pump she is passing on to me, but I'm so used to using cartridge filters, I'm not sure if the conversion is a major ordeal or if we should go salt water generator. Suggestions welcome.

Blue Skies and Sunny pool days ahead,
biomcgee

Hey ya Mena :)

Your cartridge filter is a filter just like a sand filter is a filter. The Salt Water Generator is a sanitizer. Different beast and job entirely. :)

I like my sand filter. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting used to one. You can backwash them to clean them out, which is something I believe you can't do with a cartridge type filter. Makes it easy to drain excess water out also. The multiport valve on top of it is the "brain" of it.

Holler if you have any other questions :)

Yip :flower:

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool(s)!

Mena, AR was a favorite spot of my dad's. And we love broken bow lake! Pretty country up there. The sand filter will be a pretty good upgrade from the Intex cartridge filters. And the SWG will save you a bit of bleach hauling and chlorine adding.