Polywood Furniture

I have no idea what the "proprietary ingredients" are that make up about 1%. of the mixture So it is a 20:1 ratio of water to bleach and then depending on what you are cleaning, you cut it by another 50% water so it is a little less than 1 T bleach to a quart of water.

So its basically a bottle of diluted bleach. Well I feel silly now.

Oh, well the chairs are still nice, and more are on the way.
That’s really funny. I’ll have to try diluted bleach and see if it works as well next time. I’ve been buying this stuff all season - it works like a champ so I’m hoping we can recreate it.

This is my first year with it. I'm in RI which can be pretty snowy. I'm planning on keeping it outside and covering it with breathable covers (based on recs from this site). It's just so heavy. I don't want to lug it far to store it. Hope I don't regret it. So far, I only have 3 loungers though. Planning to get a 4th and a table set this spring.

Reactions: Danimal92Sport
In NE Oklahoma here. I'm planning on leaving mine out and uncovered all winter. First season with it. It has a 20 year warranty and the warranty doesn't say anything about bringing inside for harsh weather.

--Jeff

No need to bring it inside for storage. It holds up just fine outside in the winter. Our oldest PW is about 8 years old and looks great.

This is my first year with it. I'm in RI which can be pretty snowy. I'm planning on keeping it outside and covering it with breathable covers (based on recs from this site). It's just so heavy. I don't want to lug it far to store it. Hope I don't regret it. So far, I only have 3 loungers though. Planning to get a 4th and a table set this spring.
Not sold on the idea of covering it. I live in western NY and have had PW furniture for years. Leave it out year round. Covering it may invite little critters to take up shelter. Claw marks, teeth marks and potty stains may result. I don't see a reason to cover it...anyone?

I don't. Don't like the look and haven't seen any negatives. It does get some green but I feel that's in season growth due to shade.

Not sold on the idea of covering it. I live in western NY and have had PW furniture for years. Leave it out year round. Covering it may invite little critters to take up shelter. Claw marks, teeth marks and potty stains may result. I don't see a reason to cover it...anyone?
Makes sense. If they do well uncovered, that’s better than covered which would add risk of stuff growing under the cover, or critters as you mention. The chipmunks in my neighborhood run the place - we’re just living in their world.

Dan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bumping this thread as I'm looking at Pollywood stuff for my pool. Did anyone try any of the furniture out before sitting in it? That's the only reservation I have right now. Also stinks the cushions hold water.

@wgipe - Are the cushions on the chaise and the chairs for the fire table all from Pollywood? Thoughts so far?

@Snoobug - Looks like you have quite a bit of items. Any concerns so far? Also, where did you get the umbrella base for your blue table between the chaise lounges? Love it.

@wgipe - Are the cushions on the chaise and the chairs for the fire table all from Pollywood? Thoughts so far?

Yes - everything is from Polywood. We are very happy with everything. It's kind of amazing how comfortable even the hard chairs are. The cushions do hold a bit of water, but we just tilt them up and they drain pretty quickly. We are going into season 3, and they still look good as new. That said, we do bring the cushions indoors when we close the pool.

Yes - everything is from Polywood. We are very happy with everything. It's kind of amazing how comfortable even the hard chairs are. The cushions do hold a bit of water, but we just tilt them up and they drain pretty quickly. We are going into season 3, and they still look good as new. That said, we do bring the cushions indoors when we close the pool.
Very helpful - thank you. We like the deep chairs and the chaise lounges. Do you find the cushions for both the chairs and lounges hold water, or just the chaise cushions?

Very helpful - thank you. We like the deep chairs and the chaise lounges. Do you find the cushions for both the chairs and lounges hold water, or just the chaise cushions?

They both hold water to a certain extent. We leave the deep seating cushions out all season, but only pull the lounge cushions out when we want to use them. Half the time, we just use them without. Knowing what I know now, I'd have only bought a couple of the lounge cushions rather than one for each.

Bumping this thread as I'm looking at Pollywood stuff for my pool. Did anyone try any of the furniture out before sitting in it? That's the only reservation I have right now. Also stinks the cushions hold water.

@Snoobug - Looks like you have quite a bit of items. Any concerns so far? Also, where did you get the umbrella base for your blue table between the chaise lounges? Love it.
Sorry for the late response. I got it off of amazon. Get the plastic ones you fill with water. They are sturdier than the metal ones. Here is the key thing though. Wrap the base in a plastic bag (black) and zip tie it around umbrella pole. Why? The base has a plate that rusts when it rains. The rust will leave marks on your deck. We got our rust marks out with crushed vitamin C and water. But you can avoid all of that altogether.

I did not try any of it before buying. I love love it all. We leave it out all winter long. Did I mention that I love it?

I do want to get some true adirondack chairs though.

I just reread this thread. I kept calling the chairs that came with the table adirondack but they're not. They're a more upright normal chair. We have been lugging the chairs from dining table to cabana to fire pit. They are heavy. We just splurged and ordered these for the fire pit. They said they'll ship the last week of March!!! Last time we had to wait 3 months.... I'm so excited!!! I'll share updated pics when it's put together.DDC1D0AC-7C5D-4D1F-B9EF-F102A25CD496.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.