Polyquat 60 age and pool closing

Joe kipp

Bronze Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lousiville, KY
I'm going though and making sure that I have everything I need to close the pool in about 6 weeks, once I'm sure that the water temp is below 60 deg.

I've got half a bottle of polyquat 60 left over from closing last year. I've looked and cannot find anything about an expiration date or how long it should last. I'm happy to buy a new bottle but I really don't want to be wasteful. I also have 10 - 1 Lb. packages of Cal-Hypo pool shock that came with the pool about 18 Months ago. We put the shock into heavy duty zip-lock bags. Both have been stored in the basement.

Should I use the polyquat 60 or buy new?

I was going to keep the shock just incase the pool opened green next year. I'm really not sure how to correctly dispose of it. I've never had a need for it, ok, maybe I just jinxed myself.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

PolyQuat is very stable and not expected to degrade. A year old should be fine to use.

If the pool opens green you should follow the SLAM Process

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.