Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
We have had lots (and lots and lots) of pollen this year, first the yellow stuff and now the tiny brown stuff (not powdery like the yellow stuff). Culprits are live oaks and pines, I think. My pH dropped from 7.6 to 7.4. It has never dropped since we've owned the pool. We usually have to watch it and add MA from time to time (but much less frequently with the 2 year anniversary of the pool fill coming up soon). Is it possible that the pollen is acidic enough to drop the pH a bit? Chlorine is fine, no CCs. Pump is running most of the time to keep the temp where I want it for swimming.

When my 80 red and white oaks were going strong with the pollen (A.K.A tree snots) I would have both skimmers jammed full 5+ times a day for 3 weeks. I never saw any PH or FC change. Matter of fact not for the leaves either in the fall so long as they were freshly fallen and not half decayed.

Here is how much of the fine stuff made it to the filters last year 3 weeks after starting clean. And these were 500 sq ft. With much smaller filters they would have looked like this every couple of days. You can imagine how much of the flowery string snots got caught in the skimmer baskets. 318845B1-30B3-48F8-8F69-CE98B99ED0F2.jpeg24BFC018-D2C7-4248-A31B-5811006AAABE.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: thefloatqueen
Our yellow junk hasn't hit Atlanta yet..That's the reason I have to be lock and loaded in the spring, pollen and warmer water will turn but clear water into green almost over night with winter levels of FC..Have a few gallons standing by.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.