Polaris strainer cup getting clogged quick

RJL

Jun 8, 2015
Manahawkin, NJ
Opened the pool a few days ago, have been having problems ever since. I had a small leak between the multi port and filter body at the collar, I took off the collar and tried to reposition the multi port and wound up cracking a small piece off of the top of the lateral PVC pipe that connects the two. I was able to get it back together and noticed the water pressure in the filter was at 30 lbs. I dont remember it being that high ever. Thought it always ran between 15-20 lbs. I might be wrong though.

Next the heater wouldn't work. Kept giving me the "LO" error message. Both the pump and the heater are Hayward products. Anyway back washed a good foot out of the pool ALL DAY saturday, couldnt get the pressure in the filter down or the heater working. Typically in the past a few back washes clears up the heater. Not this time.

Last is the Polaris vacuum. The small strainer between the quick disconnect and the wall fills with debris in just a few minutes. This is a new problem as well.

What do the experts here say? I'm thinking all of my problems lay in the pool sand being dirty, or a broken lateral, BUT no sand by the jets. Jeeze I have no idea. Stumped.

Thanks

Bob

Last edited:
What is your water chemistry?

Please put details of your pool in your signature. What model filter do you have?

Reactions: RJL
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.