Polaris Robotic 9550 Sport - Diagnostic Kit - idea of where to buy one?

Fpppool

Gold Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,

I have a Polaris F9550 Sport that is throwing an Error 01. Started with a 10, then a 02. Those two were fixed by changing the floating cable plug. Now I am getting the error 01. The robot starts for a couple of seconds and then stops. Both, in and out of water does the same thing. I would like to run a diagnostic since I am really not looking forward taking it to the store. Bought refurbished in Amazon in January 2019 for $612 so, I am not planning on spending $400 on repairs. Rather try to fix it myself and learn something new in the process :)

Anyway, question is, does anyone know where I can buy the diagnostic kit? I think this is the one I need https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/Products/Manuals/148341_201652394726.pdf

Thanks

Update for future reference.

Inyopools don't carry that part. Called to Polaris and they said they sell the diagnostic kit only to stores with a service contract with them.

Error 1 is related to the motor block. If it needs to be replaced it can cost between $400 and $600. Add $300 more if the floating cable needs to be replaced too. Furthermore, the parts come with 3 months warranty. Yes, 3 freaking months, unbelievable.

So, my dear Polaris, it is best if we start seeing other people... mean, robots... Anyone has a robot friend to recommend?

Maytronics.

Call Margret Mills at Marina Pool, Spa and Patio in Lakewood, CO.

Reactions: Fpppool
update: It turned out that I bought the robot with a protection plan, I did not remember that.. So, ended up having the motor block and floating cable replaced. $840, but I had to put $250 out of pocket, so hopefully this will last a couple of more years now.

BTW, if anyone knows where I can buy the polaris diagnostic unit, I am very interested. The ones on eBay dont seem to be compatible with my model.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.