Gold Supporter
May 10, 2018
Wimberley Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just posting some feedback on my Polaris Quattro P40. When it works it does a good job of cleaning the pool and it has worked very well for the last 8 months. It does a good job climbing walls but only makes it to the first of 3 steps.

After 8 months the gear box is completely out.
I realize my experience is an N of 1 and others may have problem free Quattros but just wanted to share.

Thanks!!

I researched the P40 quite a bit before purchasing one a several weeks ago. I had not heard any problems with the gearbox failing prematurely until your post. I have read some early owners mention the hose connector to the P40 body can break if you pull it out of the water by the hose and not by the body handle and had heard some mixed messages on whether that had been correctly. I also heard some owners had issues with the silt basket not sealing tightly and the silt leaking back into the pool and in many cases the units were replaced without change. I haven't seen that problem...yet. It has worked perfectly for me so far, but I haven had it less than a month. Last year, when I was researching the robots, it seemed there were similar mixed messages on quality across brands although I know many hear have had excellent results. Hope you get the gearbox replaced soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.