Gold Supporter
May 10, 2018
Wimberley Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’ve had my Quattro for a year and a half and just wanted to provide some feedback for those looking. The Quattro does a good job cleaning the pool and not having to deal with the bag used on the three wheel cleaners is nice. It also has a double integrated basket. One for big stuff and one for sand and silt.
A couple watch outs. The first 18 months it has not been nearly as reliable as my Polaris 3900 Sport was.
The feed hose connectors are a weak point and I’m on my third. I’m very careful when removing the unit but this joint will eventually stress and break. You may get lucky with the feed hose connector but this is now a known issue at the pool shops.
I’m also on my second gear box and now the front roller gears are stripped out.
My pool store said they had heard Polaris was aware of some of the week points and may try to strengthen them.
I am still under warranty and will take the unit back to have the roller gears replaced.
Just wanted to share.

Thank you for sharing this into. Glad it has been fixed under warranty for you!

Is there any place you could "grab" it with a hook? I made a PVC hook to help grad and lift my cleaner to avoid doing so by the cord.

Thank you for sharing this into. Glad it has been fixed under warranty for you!

Is there any place you could "grab" it with a hook? I made a PVC hook to help grad and lift my cleaner to avoid doing so by the cord.
Good idea!!
Another issue I failed to mention, that the pool store says is not uncommon. If the Quattros shut off when the are up on the wall and fall to the bottom of the pool the wheel can break off. Apparently Polaris is also working on strengthening the wheel attachments

I have had my Quattro for about the same time frame. I had to get new front brushes ( the 2 little wheel things on the front ) replaced ( warranty covered ). I also had a loose and getting worse hose connection ( replaced under warranty ). I had to get new tires ( purchased ). Gear box split open at a seam and spewed water inside unit. Cleaner would barley move. ( gear box assembly replaced under warranty ). Wall connector was spewing more water than normal ( replaced under warranty). As you can see I have had some issues but Polaris customer support has taken care of it every time with no questions. They even sent me a backup valve free since cleaner sometimes get stuck in corners. When the cleaner is 100% in cleans as good as anything out there. I have even posted before that it picks up golf balls in our pool!

Reactions: P00LNinja
I have had my Quattro Sport for for 6 months and it has been doing a fantastic job keeping my pool clean. So much better than the previous 360 I had for several years. But just this week I went out to see why the pool water was moving so much and found that the connector for the feed hose had broken off. The hose was flapping around wildly since the booster pump was running. From the day it was placed in the pool I have been aware that the connector was a weak point and I was always as gentle as possible when retrieving the cleaner to empty the debris basket. Seems like it is only a matter of time no matter how careful you are with the hose. Hopefully Polaris has recognized this weak spot and has or is re-engineering a better connection for the hose.
IMG_20201011_120922.jpgIMG_20201011_121204.jpgIMG_20201011_120918.jpg

I have had my Quattro Sport for for 6 months and it has been doing a fantastic job keeping my pool clean. So much better than the previous 360 I had for several years. But just this week I went out to see why the pool water was moving so much and found that the connector for the feed hose had broken off. The hose was flapping around wildly since the booster pump was running. From the day it was placed in the pool I have been aware that the connector was a weak point and I was always as gentle as possible when retrieving the cleaner to empty the debris basket. Seems like it is only a matter of time no matter how careful you are with the hose. Hopefully Polaris has recognized this weak spot and has or is re-engineering a better connection for the hose.
View attachment 165558View attachment 165559View attachment 165560
Call the warranty department. They will send you another.

Hello All - I am replacing my 15yr old Polaris 360. Im debating between the Quattro P40 and the P3900. From what I have read - sounds like everyone is happy with the P40's performance. Downside is overall reliability (breaking water inlet and gearbox issues). Purchasing next weekend would be $810 for the P40 and $610 for the P39 both with 3ry warranty. My pool is large (810sqft) and in Michigan I get a good amount of debris season long. Im not so concerned about the $200 premium for the P40 but I will be upset if it is consistently breaking and having to to get replacement parts.

Anyone regret the P40 Quattro? Does it really perform that much better than the P39?

Thank you all! Matt

I am replacing my 15yr old Polaris 360. Im debating between the Quattro P40 and the P3900.

Anyone regret the P40 Quattro? Does it really perform that much better than the P39?
I have had both your alternatives. The Quattro definitely cleans better than the 3900. My pool bottom is cleaner, and the Quattro even climbs the walls and scrubs the water line. The fine filter of the Quattro gets debris smaller than my 3900 ever sucked up.

Cleaning the debris out of the Quattro is a bit of a pain because the 2 filter boxes must be rinsed under running water. I haven't found a better way of getting them completely empty when wet (a toothbrush, maybe?). I may order a second set of filters and swap them while the wet ones dry out. I always had 2 bags for the 3-wheel models.

I also find that debris goes where it shouldn't in my Quattro. Little bits get stuck in the plastic nose where there is a millimeter of separation between 2 pieces of plastic. A standard toothpick is too wide to get in there. So that's a bit of bad design to add to what others have mentioned about durability.

All in all, I like the Quattro better.

I have been a big fan of my Quattrro for some , until yesterday. I noticed it was constantly getting stuck in corners and against the wall again. I tried adjusting the back nozzle, which I new would not help, and it did not. I finally discovered that the gear box had split. I am the one who posted about the gear box splitting last year. Polaris sent me a new one under warranty but I decided to try and fix the original first. I used superglue on the seams and it worked, for not quite a year. I put the brand new gearbox in that Polaris sent last year , replaced the side brushes and it is cleaning so much better now. Probably time for new tires, Pebble Tech really wears them down. I think once I can not repair the gearboxes anymore it is time for the robot, s20

I’ve had the Polaris Quattro Sport for about 3 years now. I’ve replaced every part at least once, some twice. About every 6 months I have to replace something major about $150. Seems like I’ve paid for this thing twice now. When it works though, it’s the very best cleaner. I just wish Polaris would take notice and design a durable one especially when they cost $1000 new. Makes me want to get into the after market parts business.

Reactions: Pesh

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.