Polaris Pressure Cleaner Not Moving

May 24, 2017
Roseville,CA
Hi,

I was wondering if I can please get some ideas on troubleshooting my pool cleaner. My Polaris Cleaner is not moving at all. The cleaning function is on from the control panel. However the robot is nonmoving none whatsoever. When I pull it out of the water previously when it is on from the panel water keeps coming out of it and he could keeps spraying water from its tail. It is not doing that either.

The pump that runs it (the one that an a capacitator)... Is making a sound like it is running. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

You do not state what model of cleaner. Is it a Polaris 280 or 380?
If there is no water coming out of the unit at the tail or where the net is (pull off the net to look if water is shooting up to the net).
There is a mesh screen in the connection where the hose connects to the wall. There is also a mesh screen in the device about 12 inches from the wall connection. Remove them, blow them out with air compressor.
Also verify that there is no leaks in the hose or the swivel or the back up valve. Also, ensure the backup valve is not broken and blocking flow to the cleaner.
Then see if water comes out of the unit.

Hi,

I was wondering if I can please get some ideas on troubleshooting my pool cleaner. My Polaris Cleaner is not moving at all. The cleaning function is on from the control panel. However the robot is nonmoving none whatsoever. When I pull it out of the water previously when it is on from the panel water keeps coming out of it and he could keeps spraying water from its tail. It is not doing that either.

The pump that runs it (the one that an a capacitator)... Is making a sound like it is running. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
I just had the same situation with my Polaris Quattro P40. New to me having an inground pool so I had no idea how it all worked. But in my case, the wife turned off the booster pump when the kiddos went swimming. I thought she somehow burnt “bobby” (that’s what they named it) up somehow. I then realized the booster pump was turned off and when I turned it back on, he went back to business. So basically, I have no idea how you tell if the booster pump is actually working. I’m sure more experienced people here will let you know. But just wanted to share my situation…

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.