Polaris PB4-60 is not working. . .3 years old

actx

May 10, 2020
Dallas
This afternoon I noticed my Polaris wasn't moving and went and checked and the booster pump (PB4-60) is not working. No noise, no hum, nothing. How can I test to see if the pump is bad or it is something with the timer box. It is 3 years old so surprised the motor went out already. The timer/control box has casued issues in the past and I have replaced a few components a few years ago. .

How can I test? As simple as a voltmeter ?

Thanks!

If you have a voltmeter then see if you have voltage at the timer or pump.

Check the circuit breaker it is connected to.

Post pics of the CB, timer, and pump.

Checked circuit breaker - good.
Checked voltage going in and out of the timer - stead and solid 243.
Replaced the capacitor.

Nothing, still no movement, noise or anything from the motor. Here is a photo from the inside/back of the motor.

Attachments

• IMG_7939.jpg
    IMG_7939.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 44
Note: Do not do any electrical work unless you are 100% sure about what you are doing.

century-b625-2.jpg

If this is the wiring diagram, the pump is not wired correctly.

The "Line" wires should go to L1 and L2, which are the top and bottom terminals with the nuts.

It looks like the black line wire coming in is connected to terminal #3 when it should be connected to terminal #1 at the top.

I don't see how it would have ever worked?

img_7939-jpg.331166

Last edited:
Ok. . follow up. It was the pump/motor. To answer the questions above it has always been wired like that. I was able to find a new unit and remove the old and rewire exactly as shown in my photo and boom, it worked. I did notice a couple of black spots onthe wires and a slight smell of burning with the old unit.

Thanks!

To answer the questions above it has always been wired like that. I was able to find a new unit and remove the old and rewire exactly as shown in my photo and boom, it worked. I did notice a couple of black spots on the wires and a slight smell of burning with the old unit.
You need to wire it correctly.

Incorrect wiring is probably why it only lasted 3 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.