Polaris Eos - One device has stopped working

drwob

May 5, 2021
Baltimore, MD
Hello, All -

I have a Polaris Eos Command Center and Remote, which was installed to control my small spa, the heater, the jet pump, low-voltage lighting, and a waterfall.

Noticed last night that the waterfall had not turned off at the scheduled time. This morning, through some experimentation, I discovered that while the display on the remote AND the display on the integrated control unit inside the Command Center box both change in response to commands regarding schedule, the waterfall itself continues to run.

At present, my only way of shutting off the waterfall is to go to the box and flip the breaker. Thus far, I am not seeing such issues with any of the other devices that the Command Center is supposed to control, and I'm not seeing anything in the Owner's Manual nor online that gives a hint as to what this problem might be. Thought about doing the "System Reset" that is on the Setup page, but decided to solicit some advice before going there.

Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Sounds like you have a relay stuck closed. Basically, the power to the relay shuts off with the control but the relay points have "welded" themselves together or the internal spring that opens the contacts has failed. When you actuate one of the buttons on the control panel you should hear an accompanying click from inside the main box. Most likely you don't. They aren't terribly expensive to replace, but if you're not experienced with the voltages inside an electrical panel it is best to have a pro do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.