Polaris Alpha iQ+ vs 9650iQ Sport for Robotic Pool Cleaner (with promos)

I just bought the VRXIQ today .They gave me 10% off and a 125 rebate. and getting the cover but I wish I could get the pool analyzer. BS that it ended on the may 31 and the Polaris day want until today...I called Polaris but they would not budge on the blueriIot

Fist use of the VRX IQ+ impressions were good except it missed a little by the stairs probably just need to brush manually there. I used the unit with the ultra fine filter was good. I has Used the robot after you shock the pool and does the regular filter pick up the dead algae or should i stay with the ultra fine?

Reactions: Fishy1234
Fist use of the VRX IQ+ impressions were good except it missed a little by the stairs probably just need to brush manually there. I used the unit with the ultra fine filter was good. I has Used the robot after you shock the pool and does the regular filter pick up the dead algae or should i stay with the ultra fine?
I had the General Purpose filter and realized that the fine dirt was left behind. Now I am using ultra fine filter only. The pool store representative told me That the Ultra Fine filter would slow the robot down however, I see no difference other than my pool is cleaner with Ultra fine.

Reactions: Yaeugd
I have noticed it slows the cleaner down in the pool, and if the filter gets a bunch of fine sand in it, it has a hard time climbing the walls, so I usually run a wall and waterline only cycle first then the regular cycle.

Today i pushes the sand out of the creases of the pool were the harder reach areas of the cleaner missed yesterday before i put it in the pool. Took a few minutes. Then let it do the smart cycle and worked much better. Had to drive it manually for one area but had a much better result.

I have been using my Alpha iq+ for about 10 days and I am very happy with it so far. I am patiently waiting for my rebate and 'gifts' so I can try out the Blueriiot. After reading this thread I just ordered an ultra fine filter. When I asked if one were available at the pool store I was told that they didn't know of one. One thing I'm not too sure of is the scheduling feature. The instructions say not to leave the cleaner in the pool, nor do I want to, so what's the point of a schedule?

I have been using my Alpha iq+ for about 10 days and I am very happy with it so far. I am patiently waiting for my rebate and 'gifts' so I can try out the Blueriiot. After reading this thread I just ordered an ultra fine filter. When I asked if one were available at the pool store I was told that they didn't know of one. One thing I'm not too sure of is the scheduling feature. The instructions say not to leave the cleaner in the pool, nor do I want to, so what's the point of a schedule?

Where did you (or anyone else) buy their ultra fine filter?

Where did you (or anyone else) buy their ultra fine filter?
I ordered one online from Leslies since I had a credit/points from purchase of the robot. The difference in cleaning is very noticable, the ultra fine is picking up so much fine dirt from my pool that it gets too heavy for robot to swim up to the top to lift it out! We've had terrible wind the past week and my auto-cover is still on order from the factory, so the robot is getting non-stop use when we're not in the water.

Daily I brush the dirt from the steps and brush the dirt from the sides of the pool floor more into the middle and the robot makes quick work of it. With the ultrafine filter I have to empty more often for sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Polaris Zodiac Ultra Sand and Silt Filter Canister for 9300 9300xi 9400 R0535800
$38 ebay works good just set it on the bottom only for a hour and empty And clean it in between the waterline Because it will reduce the cleaners suction as the canister fills.

Hey guys, can one of you do me a favor? I have a 9550 on order and I need to know how tall, how wide and how deep your cleaner is. I have a spot I'm hoping it will fit to keep it and want to know if it's going to fit. Probably be another week till I get mine so I thought in the meantime I can find a place for it, maybe even make some kind of cover for it since I don't qualify for the rebate one. I tried calling Polaris and was on hold so long, I finally gave up. Thanks!

Has anyone tried the fine canister not the ultra fine. The ultra fine I have needs cleaning every 20-30 min. Especially after shocking the pool. Will the fine canister pick up the dead algae?
Hopefully someone will know the answer, I'm curious about this as well. With ultrafine filter I have done 2 deep cleanings total 5 hours 30 minutes without dumping, so surprised to hear you need to dump in 30 minutes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.