Polaris ALPHA iQ+ HELP

I just know that I paid too much for a robot, and there are less expensive options for something that works basically the same. The Maytronics often touted here have decent reviews but are not without issue from my reading posts. My main concern is more that I know myself, and I hate packing and shipping anything. It's just a huge PITA that I refuse to deal with. If a local store can fix and/or exchange, that's more my determination. Leslies does carry the Dolphin for a good bit less, but it had 1/2 the warranty from what I remember.

Reactions: My1stPoolDallas
So an update. I tried the old cleaner on the new control box Err10 immediately.

Another weird thing, I plugged the module to a totally different plug outlet in my house through one of my windows and it has been cleaning the whole cycle with no errors.

I can not leave my windows open just to use the cleaner though. I have 4 outlets outside and no matter which one I get err10 quickly on all of them.

Are your outdoor all GFI outlets, hopefully? If so, the controller side of the robot would be GFI protected, as it should be. The low voltage side to the robot is irrespective of the the GFI, as it is not on the same 120V circuit loop. The only thing I can think of that is happening is that the controller is sensing a GFI or voltage issue on its end when on outdoor circuit(s). Time for an electrician to look at your outdoor wiring. You have basically ruled out the controller and robot as best as can be done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I still get this issue with this POS cleaner. I have all proper electrical so that is no the issue. I found many videos of this being issues alot and Polaris not doing anything about it. Any other ideas?

You said it works when you plug in into your house, so there is something on the outdoor circuit that is causing the device to error. There are many videos of Error 10 on these robots because it is a communication error between the robot and the controller; it happens when the wires get frayed or the pins get corroded etc, but this is not the case in your situation. Is it possible you are getting voltage drops on the pool circuit - maybe a pump a heater turning on is causing a voltage drop.

I would recommend taking out the outlet you are using out of the box and checking the wiring to make sure they are secure. If that doesn't work maybe swap out the GFCI receptacle. Increased resistance from improperly connected wires or a damaged receptacle can cause voltage drop. If you are unable to safely do that on your own, then an electrician may be needed.

Reactions: ride525
I have taken the unit to 3 different homes with same issue. So weird. I am just going to sell it and get something different. I do have a new pool cover for it on order. Since I travel I am not home much to even empty cleaners.

I will still get new outlets for outdoors anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.