Polaris 9650iQ Wi-Fi connection issues

JosephC

Mar 5, 2023
Dallas, Texas
Good morning everyone, I purchased the Polaris 9650iQ robot cleaner so I could connect it to iAquaLink for when I’m gone on vacations.

Seems to be I can’t get it to connect to my Wi-Fi at all. I’ve even went as far as returning the first unit to see if a swap would work. I’ve got a guest network set up so it can use the correct settings when connecting, but nothing. I’ve had support on the phone as well with no luck. It seems to me that this may not be cut out for our home.
Any specific settings outside of WPA/WPA2 security settings on a 2.4Ghz bandwidth?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same issue and Polaris also sent another module. I ended up lowering the cipher on my wifi and everything worked great. Never an issue since.

I had magnolia AV do a complete home automated/audio system throughout the house and they’re the ones who would know about the security settings in my router. I asked them and they seemed to think it was WPA/WPA2 protocol. At this point though, it’s got to be the network settings. I’m going to have them come out to make sure that’s what it is.

Try these settings....

For "risk level" I am on the "Low" one. Verizon Fios

2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Status​

Securing your Wi-Fi traffic as it transmits through the air, we recommend you use WPA2 security, unless you experience compatibility issues.

Risk Level​

2.4 GHz Security​

5 GHz Security​

Low WPA2 WPA2
Medium WPA2/WPA
mixed mode
WPA2/WPA
mixed mode
High WEP
High None None

Wi-Fi:​

On

Wi-Fi Name (SSID):​

XXXXX

Wi-Fi Password:​

XXXXX

Channel:​

SSID Broadcast:​

Enabled

MAC Authentication:​

Disabled

Wi-Fi Mode:​

Compatibility Mode(802.11b/g/n)

Try these settings....

For "risk level" I am on the "Low" one. Verizon Fios

2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Status​

Securing your Wi-Fi traffic as it transmits through the air, we recommend you use WPA2 security, unless you experience compatibility issues.

Risk Level​

2.4 GHz Security​

5 GHz Security​

LowWPA2WPA2
MediumWPA2/WPA
mixed mode
WPA2/WPA
mixed mode
HighWEP
HighNoneNone

Wi-Fi:​

On

Wi-Fi Name (SSID):​

XXXXX

Wi-Fi Password:​

XXXXX

Channel:​

SSID Broadcast:​

Enabled

MAC Authentication:​

Disabled

Wi-Fi Mode:​

Compatibility Mode(802.11b/g/n)
I will give these settings a shot. Saving this for my guys to take a look at.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.