Polaris 380 - Quick Disconnect stuck to Universal Wall Fitting

You need to press the two pieces together and twist.

Look at the area I circled in red and you can see how the peg fits into the hook area and you have to press the two pieces together and twist to release it.

Polaris UWF.jpg

Last edited:
Mine has done this too. Have no advice how to get it out other than just keep trying, I’m assuming you know to push and turn at the same time to remove the hose ?. The advice I DO have is once you get it out if you lube the black o ring (on the cleaner hose attachment) with silicone o ring lube it will keep it from getting stuck again.

Yup, well aware of this problem. I used a pipe wrench to unstick mine, after which I lubed the connection thoroughly. Most of the time I can disconnect these two pieces successfully. My recommendation is to continue to liberally apply silicon lube to this junction. Nonetheless, nothing designed to disconnect easily should be this hard to disconnect

Caruso

I should have been more thorough in describing how I use a pipe wrench in these situations. First, of course, you need to take what the pool gives you in this situation and unscrew the threaded pool side connection (quick release and all). Then, what I do is position my pipe wrench so that pressure applied will apply rotational force in the direction that will separate the two parts. I hold the threaded portion down to the pool deck with my foot and apply gental pressure on the pipe wrench. The two parts will separate easily with no damage to the connectors plastic.
Then, I lube, lube, lube.

IMO, there is definitely an engineering defect in this part. None of us should experience this frustration.

As a member of the club, I empathize with all of you who have faced this problem.

Hope my post helps a little.

I love this forum.

Respectfully,

Caruso

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.